Statement of Faith
(A) We believe the The Holy Bible, The King James 1611 Authorized Version, is the preserved word of God. Therefore the preserved word of God must also be inspired. We believe with out apology that it is found only in the King James Bible which is the written record of a supernatural revelation of Himself to man, absolute in its authority, complete in its revelation, final in its content, the standard by which all human conduct, creed, and opinions should be tried, and is without error.
Paragraph 1. Holy Bible: By the “Holy Bible” we mean the collection of sixty-six books, from Genesis to Revelation, which God has preserved for the English speaking people in the Authorized Version of the King James Bible; they not only contain and convey the word of God but are the very words of God.(Ps.12: 6,7)
Paragraph 2. Inspiration: By “Inspiration” we mean that the books of the Bible were written by holy men of old, as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, in such a definite way that the writings were supernaturally and verbally inspired and free from error, as no other writings. (2 Tim.3:16, 2 Pet 1:21)
Paragraph 3. Faith and Practice; For His Glory Bible Baptist Church embraces the Holy Scriptures (A.V. 1611 K.J.V.) as our ONLY authority in matters of faith and practice, should there ever be a conflict between the constitution and the clear writings of Scripture, the latter shall prevail.
(B) DISPENSATIONALISM. We believe that the Scriptures interpreted in their natural, literal sense reveal divinely determined dispensations or rules of life which define mans responsibilities in successive ages. These dispensations are not ways of salvation, but rather are divinely ordered stewardships by which God directs man according to His purpose. Three of these dispensations- the Law, the Church, and the Kingdom- are subjects of detailed revelation in Scripture (Gen. 1:28; 1 Cor. 9:17; 2 Cor. 3:9-18; Gal. 3:13-25; Eph. 1:10, 3:2-10; Col. 1:24-25, 27; Rev. 20:2-6).
(C) THE GODHEAD. We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit- each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; John 14:10,26).
(D) THE PERSON AND WORK OF CHRIST.
1. We believe the The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men (Isa. 7:14, 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; 2 Cor 5:19-2 1; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8).
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Acts 2:18-36; Rom. 3:24-25; 1 Peter 2:24; Eph. 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3-5).
3. We believe that The Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfils the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Acts 1:9-10; Heb. 7:25, 9:24; Rom. 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2).
(E) THE PERSON AND WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. We believe that The Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and, that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption (John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14).
2. We believe that He (the Holy Spirit) is the Divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit (Eph. 1:17-18, 5:18; 1 John 2:20,27).
3. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of spiritual gifts to every believer. God uniquely uses evangelists, pastors, and teachers to equip believers in the assembly in order that they can do the work of the ministry (Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12:4-11, 28; Eph. 4:7-12).
4. We believe that the sign gifts of The Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing, were temporary (died along w/the apostles). We believe that speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism or filling of The Holy Spirit and that ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness or death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer the prayers of believers for physical healing (1 Cor. 1:22, 13:8, 14:21-22).
(F) MAN IS MORALLY CORRUPT. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adams sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and, that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:22-23, 5:12, 6:23 10:13; Eph. 2:1-3, 4:17-19; 2 Pet. 3:9).
(G) SALVATION. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins (John 1:12; Eph. 1:7, 2:8-10; 1 Peter 1:18-19).
(H) THE ETERNAL SECURITY AND ASSURANCE OF THE BELIEVER.
1. We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by Gods power and are thus secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30; Rom. 8:1, 38-39: 1 Cor. 1:4-8; 1 Peter 1:4-5).
2. We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of Gods word, which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh (Rom. 13:13-14; Gal. 5:13; Titus 2:11-15).
(I) THE CHURCH.
1. We believe that the local church, which is part of the whole body and espoused bride of Christ, is solely made up of born-again persons (1Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 1:22-23, 5:25-27). We reject the heresy of briderism.
2. We believe that the establishment and the continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures (Acts 14:27, 20:17, 20:28-32; 1Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11).
3. We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control (Acts 13:1-4, 15:19-31, 20:28; Rom. 16:1, 4; 1 Cor. 3:9, 16, 5:4-7, 13; 1Peter 5:1-4).
4. We recognize water baptism by immersion, and that baptism is a (figure) & testimony of our salvation and by no means a prerequisite to salvation (1 Pet.3:21). Also the Lords Supper as the Scriptural ordinances of obedience for the church in this age (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42, 18:18; 1 Cor. 11:23-26; 1 Cor. 5:7,8).
(J) Separation. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as NOT to bring reproach upon their Saviour and Lord; and, that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices and associations is commanded of God (Rom. 12:1-2, 14:13; 2 Cor 6:14, 7:1; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 9-11).
(K) THE SECOND ADVENT OF CHRIST. We believe in that “blessed hope”, the personal, imminent return of Jesus Christ for his bride (the Church) 1 Thess 4:13-18. v 17…”Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them (the dead in Christ) in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord”. He will rapture His church prior to the seven-year tribulation period . At the end of the Tribulation, Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return with His saints, to establish His earthly Messianic Kingdom which was promised to the nation of Israel (Ps. 89:3-4; Dan. 2:31-45; Zech. 14:4-11; 1 Thess.1:10, 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; Rev. 3:10, 19:11-16, 20:1-6).
(L) THE ETERNAL STATE.
1. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment in a lake of fire.(Matt. 25:46; John 5:28,29, 11:25-26; Rev. 20:5-6, 12-15).
2. We believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss they await the first resurrection, when spirit, soul, and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord (Luke 23:43; 2 Cor. 5:8; Phil. 1:23, 3:21; 1 Thess. 4:16-17; Rev. 20:4-6).
3. We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious punishment and torment until the second resurrection, when with the soul and body reunited they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment and torment (Matt. 25:41-46; Mark 9:43-48; Luke 16:19-26; 2 Thess. 1:7-9; Jude 6-7; Rev. 20:11-15).
(M) THE PERSONALITY OF SATAN. We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the Fall of Man; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and, he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11, 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
(N) CREATION. We believe that God created the universe in six literal, 24-hour periods. We reject evolution, The Day-Age Theory and Theistic Evolution as unscriptural & heretical theories of origin. (Genesis 1:2; Exodus 20:11).
(O) CIVIL GOVERNMENT. We believe that God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions: 1) the home or family; 2) the church; and 3) the state or government. Every person is subject to these three authorities, but all (including the authorities themselves) are answerable to God and governed by His word. God has given each institution specific Biblical responsibilities and balanced those responsibilities with the understanding that no institution has the right to infringe upon the other. The home/family, the church, and the state/government are equal and sovereign in their respective Biblically assigned spheres of responsibility under God (Rom. 13:1-7; Eph. 5:22-24; Heb. 13:17; 1 Peter 2:13-14).
(P) HUMAN SEXUALITY.
1. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. We also believe that any form of sodomy (homosexuality), lesbianism, bisexuality, transexualism, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are all sinful perversions of Gods gift of sex and also an abomination to God. Any member, deacon, ministry worker, or employee of the church engaging in any of these abominations or becoming pregnant or causing pregnancy as a result of consensual intercourse, outside of the marriage relationship, shall be subjected to scriptural Church discipline and/or be terminated from Church fellowship and/or employment (Gen. 2:24, 19:5&13, 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1, 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4).
2. We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23).
(Q) FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
1.. We believe that men and women are spiritually equal in position before God but that God has ordained distinct and separate spiritual functions for men and women in the home and church. The husband is to be the leader of the home and men are to be the leaders (pastors and deacons) of the church, Accordingly, only men are eligible for licensure and ordination by the church (Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:18; 1 Tim. 2:8-15, 3:4-5&12).
2. We believe that God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. The husband is to love his wife as Christ loves the church. The wife is to submit herself to the Scriptural leadership of her husband as the church submits to the headship of Jesus Christ. Children are an heritage from the Lord. Parents are responsible for teaching their children spiritual and moral values and leading them, through consistent lifestyle examples and appropriate discipline, including Scriptural corporal correction. (Gen. 1:26-28; Ex. 20:12; Duet. 6:4-9; Ps. 127:3-5; Prov. 19:18, 22:15, 23:13-14; Mark 10:6-12; 1 Cor. 7:1-16; Eph. 5:21-33, 6:1-4; Col. 3:18-21; Heb. 13:4; 1 Peter 3:1-7).
(R) ABORTION. We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcusable taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the mental well-being of the mother are acceptable (Job 3:16; Psalms 51:5, 139:14-16; Isa. 44:24, 49:1-5; Jer. 1:5, 20:15-18; Luke 1:44).
(S) MISSIONS. We believe that God has given the church a great commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethnic group, and language group who believe on The Lord Jesus Christ. As ambassadors of Jesus Christ we must use all available means to go to the foreign nations and not wait for them to come to us (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; 2 Cor. 5:20).
(T) LAWSUITS BETWEEN BELIEVERS. We believe that Christians are prohibited from bringing civil lawsuits against other Christians or the church to resolve financial disputes. We believe the church possesses all the resources necessary to resolve personal disputes between members. We do believe, however, that a Christian may seek compensation for injuries from another Christians insurance company as long as the claim is pursued without malice or slander (1 Cor. 6:1-8; Eph. 4:31-32).
(U) GIVING. We believe that every Christian, as a steward of that portion of Gods wealth entrusted to him, is obligated to support his local church financially. We believe that God had established the tithe as a basis for giving, but that every Christian should also give other offerings sacrificially and cheerfully to the support of the church, the relief of those in need, and the spread of the Gospel. We believe that a Christian relinquishes all the rights to direct the use of the tithe or offering once the gift has been made (Gen. 14:20; Prov. 3:9-10; Acts 4:34-37; 1 Cor. 16:2; 2 Cor. 9:6-7; Gal. 6:6; Eph. 4:28; 1Tim. 5:17-18; 1 John 3:17).
SECTION 2-AUTHORITY OF STATEMENT OF FAITH
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The A.V. 1611 K.J.V. Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the foregoing statement of faith accurately represents the teaching of the Bible, and therefore, is binding upon all members. All literature used in the church shall be in complete agreement with the statement of faith.